Day 2 Revelations
- Staying in budget takes planning. Planning takes time. Which means instead of sitting on my butt reading subtitles, I actually had to make time to cook and wash dishes and make sure there was still time to write.
- I don’t normally eat a full breakfast, usually just one Luna bar. So I ate half of my PBJ sandwich which kept me full until lunch time.
- I normally only drink water, two cups of coffee and occasionally one cup of herbal tea. So participating in the challenge doesn’t change much in this area. In general, I only drink a 7.5 oz ginger ale periodically to settle my stomach if I don’t have pickled ginger to do that instead. If I’m really sleepy, I may drink a 7.5 oz of Coca-Cola. (Two days straight with only 6 hours of sleep has me thinking I may need one later.) But drinking a cup of coffee is cheaper, so I might drink coffee this afternoon, which is something I don’t usually do. Since my job only has a Keurig machine, I’m not sure how to approach this hurdle because I didn’t plan for it by bringing in my bag of ground coffee. Goes back to pre-planning being a very key factor.
- Temptations were all around today. My coworkers had a great smelling pizza and someone brought in baked breads and an assortment of fall-themed cookies. My planned snack of slice of bread with honey became less interesting in comparison.
- 2 cups of coffee (w/creamer and sugar)
- 1/2 Peanut Butter and strawberry jam sandwich
1 mixed berry waffle. (Okay i was going to eat the other half of my PBJ from this morning but just couldn’t make myself retread my tastebuds are already bored.)
- 1/2 of yesterday’s turkey burger patty
- 1/3 cup of rice with mango chutney
I usually nibble when I write and I’m so hungry right now. I guess I snack a lot more than I realize. Today I actually felt jittery and feel like I’m having a hard time focusing.
- 2 slices of toast